Mom … Help!
According to with Etiquette some things that a mom can do are:
- Help you on the guest list:
You perhaps are not so sure to invite that weird aunt ( I know … I have the same feeling) but at the end of the day, she will help you to have an idea whom should be at that day… weird or not…
- Help you with the thank you cards:
Oh! yes if you leave shortly after the wedding, someone has to send the “thank you cards” and mom can help you.. especially because she has the list!
- Meeting suppliers for the wedding:
- Scout out event sites including friends and family vendor recommendations
- Help you to choose your wedding dress – personally, I love this moment!! –
- Help you to do the seating chart.. aha! especially if you are inviting that weir aunt… mmmm!!!
- Assure you will look stunning on that day…no matter what!
- Wedding registry… yes! why not… it is like going shopping!!! so invite mom!
- Scort you go down to the aisle, this is more common for Jewish ceremonies, but another religious start to doing this as a form to honor the mom’s figure.. at the end of the day they were also part of you!
- Be a mom! … so she can cry with you!!!